The meeting was called to order at 6:30 P.M. by Chair Rene Pulido.

ROLL CALL: Board Present-Rene Pulido, Derik Flint, Barbara McMorrow, Jonathan Wright, Chris Rose, Sharon Johnson. Not present: Louis Joseph.  A quorum was present. Others Present- Attorney Wayne Flowers, Gary Hall, Chris McMorrow,  Joe Wagner, Mike Shannon, Lilla Ross (The Resident News).

JULY MINUTES:  Motion by Barbara  McMorrow to approve the August Minutes was seconded by Jonathan Wright. The vote was unanimous in favor.

TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was provided by Chris Rose. The current bank account balance is $71,608.76.   An invoice in the amount of $442. (WEF-120633 Lewis, Longman, Walker) was presented for approval, along with the monthly $15.00 (Intuit).  Motion by Jonathan was seconded by Barbara to approve the Treasurer’s Report and payment of both invoices.  The vote was unanimous in favor. 

AUDIT REPORT:  A brief discussion of possible options for preparing our audit took place.  Rena Coughlin, head of the Non-Profit Center, was suggested as a contact. Chris Roses advised he will have solid information on the audit issue at the October meeting.

ATTORNEY UPDATES:  Attorney Flowers had no updates.  Sharon moved and Chris Rose seconded that our attorney attend every other meeting. Sharon offered to check with Attorney Flowers prior to our meetings to ensure he is present when otherwise necessary.   A discussion ensued regarding possible pros and cons of said decision. The motion was approved by a vote of 4-2. 

SUBCOMMITTEE UPDATES:  1) Jonathan Wright spoke with Pastor Lee and his daughter, Joy.  Chris McMorrow will follow up with Pastor Lee and Joy on the date and time for the church’s next board meeting. A discussion followed regarding other possible options and also a timeline for our project, including obtaining financing.  Joe Wagner will draft a timeline for board guidance.  2) Since our last meeting, Barbara McMorrow and Gary Hall met with Councilperson Lori Boyer. There are funds available. The question is: Can we qualify? Gary will follow up with Florida Inland Navigation District “FIND” regarding possible funds. Barbara will follow up with other sources.

MILLERS CREEK CLEAN UP:  A possible date for a second Millers Creek Clean-Up Day is November 11, 2017. Gary Hall advised we are also due a cleanup of the creek by DNR because we were entitled to one after Hurricane Matthew in 2016, and it did not take place. Barbara will follow up with the appropriate DNR and COJ personnel. 

There being no additional business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:35 P.M.

REMINDERS:  Future meetings will be held monthly on the third Monday of each month. The October meeting will be held on October 16, 2017. The legal address for “MCSD” is Millers Creek Special District, Sharon Johnson, Secretary, P.O. Box 47375, Jacksonville, FL 32247.

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published.