February 2019 Minutes
Millers Creek Special District
Meeting Minutes February 18, 2019, 6:30 PM
Location: First Korean Baptist Church, 3202 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:35 PM
- Roll Call:
Board members present: Sharon Johnson, Derik Flint, Scott Bates, Tamara Baker, Jonathan Wright and Louis Joseph. A quorum was present.
Non-board members: Deb Bates, Sandra Oster, Wayne Flowers, Marcia Hodgson
- Approval of January 2019 Meeting Minutes: Minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Scott Bates, seconded by Derik Flint, unanimous approval.
- Open Business
- Treasurer’s Report: Sharon Johnson (on behalf of Jonathan Wright) reviewed the Statement of Financial Position (as of 2/15/19), Statement of Activity for 7/1/15 – 2/15/19, and 12/17/18 – 2/15/19. Total Bank Account Assets $58,389.06 as of February 15, 2019. Motion to approve treasurer’s report by Scott Bates, seconded by Derik Flint, unanimous approval.
- Dredging financing updates
- Scott Bates
- BBVA Compass Bank: Michael Calvey emailed they can offer a 12yr amortization with interest 5.87-5.98%. Awaiting total project cost.
- Scott will send funding packet to Tamara
- Tamara Baker – additional funding possibilities
- BB&T, Ameris Bank, PNC – Scott will contact
- Wayne Flowers – Working on writing the Contract for the City
- Scott Bates
- Joe Wagner Engineering Report (presented by Scott Bates)
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) permit has been issued, expiration 10/30/23
- Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permit denied as requested
- Proposed modification changing project depth to meet National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) recommendation
- Have Joe provide an updated table of dredging depth/cubic yards with ballpark costs
- Conference Call with City: Solid Waste Director indicated it is possible to dispose of material within the Ash Remediation disposal facility located on the Trail Ridge Landfill facility.
- Complete bid process – new project scope completed by late March and put bids out in May.
- Mike Oster Update on FIND Grant – Not Present
- Sandra Oster reported the City had cleaned up the curbing inlets at the end of Moirer St and near the Frankel property
- Wayne Flowers
- Presented a review of the Sunshine Laws, Public Records Law, and Open Meetings Law
- Wayne to email Sharon the handout document
- Working on the City Agreement, need Scope of Work
- Motion to move March meeting from the 18th to the 25th (to have a Quorum) made by Scott Bates, seconded by Derik Flint, unanimous approval.
- New Business – no new business
- Next meeting March 25, 2019.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:42 PM